Privacy notice for data subjects whose data is included in Suomen Asiakastieto (later Asiakastieto) Contact database
1. Controller: Suomen Asiakastieto Oy, Hermannin rantatie 6, PL 16, 00580 Helsinki, www.asiakastieto.fi, www.omatieto.fi
Suomen Asiakastieto Oy is part of Enento Group Plc, Hermannin rantatie 6, PL 16, 00580 Helsinki
2. Personal data which is processed
• Your name and email address
• Your phone number
• Information on possible direct marketing ban
3. Purposes for processing your personal data
We process your personal data to be able to disclose it to our business customers to be used for marketing purposes and updating customer databases.
4. Legal basis for processing your personal data
- We process your personal data based on GDPR 6.1 c
- Asiakastieto is providing a directory inquiry service meant in the Act on Electronic Communications Services. Asiakastieto is allowed to collect the data from original controllers based on the requirement stated in the above-mentioned Act.
- Processing is based on the Act on Electronic Communications Services according to which a directory inquiry service provider is entitled to process personal data for the purpose of creating and providing directory inquiry services.
- We process your personal data for marketing purposes based on GDPR 6.1 f and the legitimate interest of third parties.
5. Special categories of personal data and personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences
We don´t process sensitive category personal data or data relating to criminal convictions and offences concerning you.
6. Collection of your personal data
We collect personal data concerning you from other sources which are
- Suomen Numeropalvelu Oy database for phone subscriptions
- Posti Oyj address database
- Marketing prohibition register maintained by Suomen Asiakkuusmarkkinointiliitto
7. Third parties that we disclose your personal data to inside EU/EEA
We disclose your personal data to business customers of Asiakastieto. Your personal data may also be disclosed to our processors based on the contracts we have with them.
8. Transfers of personal data outside EU/EEA area
Your personal data may in some situations be disclosed outside EU/EEA area for example to the processors we use. In these situations we ensure that your personal data is secured to an adequate level. We also use Standard Contractual Clauses and other measures to protect your personal data.
9. Profiling and automatic decision making (incl. meaningful info about the logic involved)
Asiakastieto does not process your personal data for profiling or automatic decision making purposes.
10. Retention periods
We keep your data until we are informed of termination of your phone subscription and otherwise for the rest of your life.
11. Your rights
You as the data subject whose personal data Asiakastieto is processing, have several different data subject rights towards us as the controller. Below you will find information on how to exercise these rights. We will process your request and respond to your request without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request.
- Right to information
- Data subjects will not be separately informed about processing of the personal data since obtaining is expressly laid down by law to which the controller is subject and which provides appropriate measures to protect your legitimate interests.
Tele communication service providers have provided information about processing of personal data to their customers.
- Right of access
- If you want to know what personal data we process about you, please send an email to email@example.com. We also provide secure email which you can access here https://mail.asiakastieto.fi/. If you want to limit your request to certain type of data please communicate that in the email.
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- If you want to request erasure of personal data concerning you please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also provide a secure email which you can access here https://mail.asiakastieto.fi/.
- We will remove your personal data based on your request and you will no longer be able to use Asiakastieto services after that.
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- You don´t have the right to data portability, since Asiakastieto is not processing your personal data based on consent or for performance of contract between you and Asiakastieto.
- Right to object
- You have the right to object, on grounds to your particular situation, the processing of your personal data which is based on public interest (art 6.1 e) or legitimate interest (art 6.1 f).
- If you want to exercise your right to object to processing please send an email to email@example.com. We also provide a secure email which you can access here https://mail.asiakastieto.fi/.
- If you want to object to processing your data for marketing purposes, please send an email to above mentioned email address and we will stop processing your personal data for this purpose immediately.
12. Updating this privacy notice
This privacy notice can be updated time to time and new version will be published on this site.
13. Contact info and possible complaints
If you have questions about how we process your personal data, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also provide a secure email which you can access here https://mail.asiakastieto.fi/.
Asiakastieto has appointed a DPO. You can contact the DPO by sending email to dpo(a)enento.com.
If you are not satisfied with how we process your personal data, you have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authority, The Data Protection Ombudsman (Lintulahdenkuja 4, 00530 Helsinki, tietosuoja(a)om.fi)
Privacy notice has been updated 7/2023